The last weekend in September, we went to Zion Narrows with a group of Casey's friends for some good solid hiking. It was so much fun. We hiked the entire 16 miles in one day. Most of the group made it in 10 hours. A few of us (Cole, Casey, and I) took slightly longer after an unfourtunate hammy pull (Casey). Luckily we were rescued and made it out safely! Ok, rescued sounds so dramatic... we had a few friends who had been waiting for over 2 hours hike a mile and half back up the river when night fell and there hadn't been any sign of us since lunch. Good souls. All in all, it was an amazing trip and I loved every minute of it! Casey's roommate had hiked the Narrows last summer and recommended renting special shoes from Zion Adventure Company. Super shoes for wet conditions! They are hideous but sturdy with amazing ankle support. We wore neoprene socks and our feet stayed so warm and comfy. A few in our group decided to wear thier own tennis shoes and got terrible bleeding blisters and rolled ankles. I felt so bad. I can't wait until next summer so we can go again! Below are lots of pictures!

This was taken just after we got off the shuttle. It was an hour and half ride from camp. We left at 6:30 and arrived to the trail head around 8:00. It was so cold! Only 40 degrees! It did warm up though!
5 comments:
Wow, that looks like a lot of fun. What a long hike!! You guys are awesome for completing it. Good for you for being smart and saving your feet by being equipped with the right gear! :)
woah. it's gorgeous there! I haven't been, but seeing these pics... I want to really really bad!!
Way to go!!! looks fun and its pretty place too! i would have brought a bag of M&M's and sat at the first and waited...otherwise, you would have had to do more than pack me out! jk-ok,not really.
How fun! That stinks that he pulled his hamstring. But I am glad that ya'll made it down safly and had a good time. We will have to do it with ya'll next summer. It looks like quite the adventure.
Thats so neat you hiked all that! I am impressed!
Post a Comment